Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery?
The Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery is a combined lottery in support of Winnipeg’s three biggest hospitals.
St. Boniface Hospital, Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg, and HSC Children’s Hospital have been working together for years to deliver health care to Manitobans. Last year, our three hospital foundations joined together once again to bring you the Dream Lottery, helping Health Sciences Centre Foundation, Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, and St. Boniface Hospital Foundation. We have been working together for years to deliver crucial health care to Manitobans, and we’re working together on another terrific lottery with 3,029 prizes to suit everyone’s lifestyle and all your dreams.
Proceeds from the lottery will be split between the three hospital foundations to support the hospitals that you and your family rely on. Each year, hundreds of thousands of Manitobans depend on our hospitals to be there in times of greatest need. Health Sciences Centre, HSC Children’s Hospital, and St. Boniface Hospital help deliver 11,400 babies each year. Our emergency rooms assist 200,000 families in distress, and together we serve almost 1 million patients annually. Whether it’s a family in crisis, a premature baby in need of the latest technology, or a family member undergoing life-saving surgery – you can depend on us. Help us work together and provide families with world-class health care right here in Manitoba.
When you purchase a lottery ticket, you help us purchase state-of-the-art equipment to treat both children and adults in need of immediate, specialized care. You help us fund research discoveries that could change the face of health care as we know it. Your support could help us overcome today’s most debilitating diseases and conditions.
How many tickets are being sold?
- Only 64,000 Main lottery tickets will be offered for sale.
- The number of 50/50 Plus™ tickets that can be sold is unlimited because there is no limit to the number a customer can purchase. The 50/50 Plus™ ticket total will be determined by the number sold by the lottery’s final cut-off date or early sell-out date.
- Only 131,000 Daily Cash Calendar tickets will be offered for sale.
How much are tickets?
- 2020 Tri-Hospital Dream Main ticket prices are:
- Single for $100
- 2 tickets for $175
- 4 tickets for $300
- 8 tickets for $500
- 50/50 Plus™ ticket packages are:
- 2 tickets for $20
- 8 tickets for $40
- 30 tickets for $60
- Daily Cash Calendar ticket packages are:
- 2 tickets for $20
- 5 tickets for $40
- 10 tickets for $60
Can I buy a 50/50 Plus™ or Daily Cash Calendar ticket by itself?
No, you must buy one of the 2020 Tri-Hospital Dream Main ticket packages to be eligible to purchase a 50/50 Plus™ or Daily Cash Calendar ticket.
Can I buy a 50/50 Plus™ or Daily Cash Calendar ticket after I place my original order?
The Top-up program for the 50/50 Plus™ and Daily Cash Calendar tickets are available for purchase by any resident of Manitoba who has purchased a main ticket throughout the program. The addition of 50/50 Plus™ and/or Daily Cash Calendar tickets will only be accepted by phone at 1-844-654-4677 or online at purchase.trihospitaldream.com/top-up after the initial purchase and must be purchased by the ticket deadline.
All purchasers will require their initial order number and postal code to add additional 50/50 Plus™ and Daily Cash Calendar ticket(s) to their original order. Additional purchases will be in the name of the original ticket purchaser and will be mailed to the address on the original purchase.
What is the minimum/maximum payout for the 50/50 Plus™ Draw?
The 50/50 PLUS™ can generate a maximum of $2,000,000 in gross revenue with the winner receiving 50% of gross revenue to a maximum of $1,000,000. The 50/50 PLUS™ minimum prize guarantee is $200,000.
What is the Daily Cash Calendar?
For the month of September, there will be four (4) Daily Cash Calendar daily winners of $1,000 Cash each, for a total of 116 winners.
The Final Daily Cash Calendar draws, four (4) winners of $5,000 Cash for a total of 4 winners.
All Daily Cash Calendar draw dates will remain the same regardless of an early sellout.
I ordered Daily Cash Calendar ticket(s), why have I not received a calendar?
The Daily Cash Calendar are daily draws for the month of September. It is not a 12-month calendar showing the days, weeks, and months in a year.
Where can I buy tickets?
- Order online at www.trihospitaldream.com
- By phone within Manitoba 204-254-9131 or toll-free at 1-844-654-4677
- At London Drugs in St. Vital Centre starting Thursday June 4, 2020. Mon to Sat 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. Sunday 12:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
- By either fax to (204) 231-0041 or mail using this downloadable form. Click here
- Lottery Mailing Address:
St. Boniface Hospital Foundation
PO Box 73 STN Norwood Grove
208 Provencher Blvd
- Shoppers Drug Mart Stores (Winnipeg Locations) Please check individual store locations for hours of operation.
- 1050 Leila Ave Unit 102 (Garden City)
- 2656 Pembina Hwy (Pembina & Dalhousie)
- 1155 Main St Unit C (Redwood & Main)
- 3665 Portage Ave W (Unicity)
- 43 Osborne St (Roslyn & Osborne)
- 2211 Pembina Hwy (Pembina Village)
- 785 Dakota St Unit 1 (St. Vital Square)
- 32-1555 Regent Ave W (Kildonan Place)
- 360 Main St Unit 2 (Winnipeg Square)
- 2025 Corydon Ave (Tuxedo Park Shop Ctr)
- 43 Marion St (Dominion Centre)
- 1120 Grant Ave Unit 6000 (Grant Park)
- L178-1485 Portage Ave (Polo Park)
- 125-393 Portage Ave (Portage Place)
- 1A-3900 Grant Ave (Charleswood Centre)
- 100-235 Vermillion Rd (Southdale Square)
- 106-790 Sherbrook St. (MB Clinic)
- 1128 Henderson Hwy Unit 50 (Kildonan Village)
- 795 Keewatin St (Burrows & Keewatin)
- 917 Portage Ave (Portage & Banning)
- 2533 Portage Ave (St. James Shop Ctr)
- 1017 McPhillips St (Mountain & McPhillips)
- 777 Sherbrook St (Sherbrook & Notre Dame)
- 710 St. Anne’s Rd (Southglen Shop Ctr)
- 6670 Roblin Blvd Unit 14 (Roblin & Dale)
- 1122 Pembina Hwy (Pembina & Point)
- 100-1155 Concordia Ave (Molson & Concordia)
- 50 Sage Creek Blvd (Sage Creek)
- 2512 Main St (Main & Red River)
- 1750 Plessis Rd Unit 201 (Kildonan Green)
- 2160 McGillivray Blvd (Kenaston & McGillivray)
- 520- 350 North Town Rd (Bridgwater)
- Shoppers Drug Mart Stores (Rural Locations) Please check individual store locations for hours of operation.
- 230 Main St.-Selkirk, MB
- 124 Saskatchewan Ave. – Portage la Prairie
What Methods of Payment do you accept?
- Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and MasterCard Debit are accepted at all ticket selling venues.
- Mail in orders can be processed with Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, Cheque or Money Order. In-person purchases, can paid for with Cash, Debit, Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, Cheque or Money Order.
- All cheques must be payable to the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation.
What happens if a bad payment is received (i.e. NSF cheque, invalid credit card)?
- A ticket is not considered purchased until a verified financial transaction is complete.
- Ticket requests with cheques returned for insufficient funds (NSF) will be automatically voided.
- The St. Boniface Hospital Foundation has the right to charge persons $30 to cover NSF administrative costs.
When will my ticket(s) arrive in the mail?
- Customers will have the choice to receive their tickets via email or mail.
- Customers who select regular mail, the official ticket will be mailed to the address provided when ordering. Please allow 3-4 weeks for your ticket(s) to arrive.
- Customers who select eTicket when ordering online or by phone will receive an email to the email address provided within 5 business days.
- Customers who select eTicket when ordering in person or by mail will receive their eTicket within 10 business days.
How old do I have to be to buy a ticket?
You must be 18 years of age or older at time of purchase./p>
Can tickets be purchased in the name of my minor aged children or grandchildren?
No, tickets cannot be purchased in the name of a minor.
Can non-Manitoba residents buy tickets?
Yes, if you are a non-resident visiting our province you can buy a ticket in person at one of our designated outlets. All sales must take place within Manitoba.
Is my ticket purchase tax deductible?
No, hospital lottery tickets are not tax deductible.
Can I choose a specific ticket number?
No, ticket numbers are consecutive and computer-generated.
How many names can I put on my ticket?
One name only. Tickets are issued in the buyer’s name only and prizes will only be awarded to the buyer. It is the responsibility of the ticket buyer to ensure the mailing address on their ticket order form is correct. The buyer is responsible for distributing any prizes in the event of a group purchase winning.
What happens if I lose my ticket(s)?
You do not need your ticket(s) to claim your prize. Your name, address and phone number is recorded in the database along with your ticket(s) number. All winners receive a prize notification letter in the mail.
I have not received my ticket, am I still eligible for the draws?
Yes. The official lottery ticket is a receipt of purchase but participants do not need their ticket in hand to be included in the draw(s). If you have not received your ticket, please call (204) 237-2960 or email email@example.com as there may be an error in your email or mailing address. Our e-tickets are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org and may be blocked depending on your security settings or go to junk/spam folders.
How many prizes are there in total and what is the total prize value?
- There are 3,029 prizes in the main lottery
- The total retail prize value for the main lottery is $2,519,162.68 (excluding taxes).
Summer Bonus – 2020 Honda HR-V (valued at $29,104) or a 2020 Toyota C-HR LE (valued at $25,982.20) or $25,000 Cash
Dream Bonus – Mercedes-Benx 2020 GLC300 4MATIC SUV (valued at $64,233.75) or a 2020 Toyota Tacoma 4×4 Access Cab 6A (valued at $42,306.18) plus a 2020 Jayco Jayflight 195RB Travel Trailer (valued at $25,122) or $55,000 Cash
Early Bird – Irwin Condo located at 102-1505 Molson Street in Winnipeg (valued at $225,800) plus $7,000 Cash or a 2020 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Cabriolet (valued at $231,233.75) or a 2020 Jayco Class C Melbourne Prestige 24 LP (valued at $224,000) plus $6,000 Cash or $200,000 Cash
20 Winners of $1000
Grand Prize Option 1 – A KDR home to be built at 186 Willow Creek Rd (valued at $1,111,000) plus a Wiens Furniture and Appliance Gift Certificate (valued at $50,000) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 4MATIC (valued at $96,439.75) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 4MATIC Coupe (valued at $68,993.75) plus a $25,000 CWT Travel Voucher plus $150,000 Cash
Grand Prize Option 2 – A KDR Homes cottage to be built at 44 Toniata Beach in Falcon Lake, MB (valued at $1,224,000) plus a Wiens Furniture and Appliance Gift Certificate (valued at $50,000) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 4MATIC (valued at $96,439.75) plus a 2020 Regal 1900ES with Tandem Boatmate Trailer (valued at $78,790) plus $55,000 Cash
Grand Prize Option 3 – A Maric Home to be built at 737 Bridge Lake Drive (valued at $1,190,450) plus a Wiens Furniture and Appliance Gift Certificate (valued at $50,000) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 4MATIC (valued at $96,439.75) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 4MATIC Coupe (valued at $68,993.75) plus $25,0000 CWT Travel Voucher plus $75,000 Cash
Grand Prize Option 4 – A Gino’s Home to be built at 264 Yellow Moon Crescent (valued at $710,000) plus a Wiens Furniture and Appliance Gift Certificate (valued at $50,000) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz E53 AMG 4MATIC Cabriolet (valued at $107,118.75) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 4MATIC (valued at $96,439.75) plus a 2020 Jayco Class A Precept 34G (valued at $246,000) plus $25,000 CWT Travel Voucher plus $225,000 Cash
Grand Prize Option 5 – A Crown Isle Home to be built on Lot 3 Block 72 1315 Crown Isle Boulevard in Courtenay, BC (valued at $775,000) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz E53 AMG 4MATIC Cabriolet (valued at $107,118.75) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 4MATIC (valued at $96,439.75) plus a 2020 Jayco Class A Precept 34G (valued at $246,000) plus a $25,000 CWT Travel Voucher plus $225,000 Cash
Grand Prize Option 6 – A condo located at 1605-390 Assiniboine Avenue (valued at $890,476.19) plus a Kesay Furniture Studio Package (valued at $81,550.44) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz E53 AMG 4MATIC Cabriolet (valued at $107,118.75) plus a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450 4MATIC (valued at $96,439.75) plus a $25,000 CWT Travel Voucher plus $275,000 Cash
Grand Prize Option 7 – $1,200,000 Cash
More Lottery Prizes
- 1 – $6,500 CWT Vacations Travel Voucher or a Winnipeg Jets Suite to a 2020-2021 Home game for 12 people (valued at $6,000) plus $500 Cash or $5,000 Cash
- 1 – 2020 Yamaha EXR Waverunner and PWC Kravan Trailer (valued at $16,799) or a $15,000 CWT Vacations Travel Voucher or $12,000 Cash
- 1 -2020 Harley-Davidson FLHXS Street Glide (valued at $33,799) or a $28,000 CWT Vacations Travel Voucher plus $2,000 Cash or $25,000 Cash
- 1 – 2020 Honda Passport Sport (valued at $44,974) or a 2020 Polar Kraft Outlander Side Console with Yamaha 90HP and Trailer (valued at $46,485) or $35,000 Cash
- 1 – 2020 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platinum (valued at $61,974.75) or a 2020 Ford F-150 Lariat (valued at $68,979) or $50,000 Cash
- 150 – $75 Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Card
- 150 – $75 Bomber’s Store Gift Card
- 200 – $75 London Drugs Gift Card
- 200 – $75 Red River Co-op Gift Card
- 200 – $75 Jets Gear Gift Card
- 750 – Team View 10x Binoculars (valued at $129.99)
- 750 – The Culinary Collection 15 Piece Kitchen knife set (valued at $139.99)
- 600 – Maui Jims Sunglasses (valued at $369)
IMPORTANT CUT-OFF & DRAW DATE INFO:
When are the Summer Bonus, Dream Bonus, Early Bird, Grand Prize, 50/50 Plus™ and Daily Cash Calendar Cut-Off & Draw Dates?
SUMMER BONUS Deadline: Midnight, Thursday, June 25, 2020.
Draw: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
DREAM BONUS Deadline: Midnight, Thursday July 9, 2020.
Draw: Wednesday July 22, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
EARLY BIRD Deadline: Midnight, Thursday July 30, 2020.
Draw: Thursday August 12, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
FINAL TICKET SALES Deadline: Midnight, Thursday August 13, 2020.
All remaining main prize draws, excluding the Grand Prize will begin on Tuesday August 25, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache Ave, Winnipeg MB.
50/50 PLUS™ DRAW Wednesday August 26, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache Ave, Winnipeg MB.
GRAND PRIZE DRAW Wednesday August 26, 2020 between 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache Ave, Winnipeg MB.
DAILY CASH CALENDAR – CASH CALENDAR DAILY DRAWS Monday August 31, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache Ave, Winnipeg MB.
FINAL DAILY CASH CALENDAR DRAW(S) Monday August 31, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache, Winnipeg MB.
What if the 2020 Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery sells out early? Will that change the draw dates?
Yes. If sell out prior to midnight, Thursday July 30, 2020 the following dates will apply:
Summer Bonus, Dream Bonus, will have no changes to draw dates.
Early Bird Draw will take place Tuesday August 11, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache Ave, Winnipeg MB.
All remaining prize draws, excluding the Grand Prize draw, will begin on Tuesday August 11, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache Ave, Winnipeg MB.
The Grand Prize Draw will take place on Wednesday August 12, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache Ave, Winnipeg MB.
The 50/50 Plus™ draw will take place Wednesday August 12, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation office, C1026-409 Tache Ave, Winnipeg MB.
Can my ticket numbers win more than one prize?
Yes! Each ticket is eligible to win one prize in each prize category. After each prize category draw is completed, all the winners are recorded and these ticket numbers are eligible for the next prize category draw.
Does the Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery offer cash equivalents on all its prizes?
No, only select major prizes have cash options.
Can I see all the homes that are in the Lottery?
For the show homes that will be available for viewing, please visit our website for dates and times.
How is the draw controlled?
Draws are conducted in accordance with Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba.
How will I know if I’ve won? How do I claim my prize?
- All prize winners will be notified by mail as to what they have won and where/how to claim their prize(s).
- Cash prizes will be mailed in cheque format to the mailing address on the winner’s ticket.
- All winners will be required to present their prize notification letter along with a piece of Government issued picture identification when picking up prizes.
- A full list of winning ticket numbers will be posted on the 2020 Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery website: www.trihospitaldream.com shortly after all draws have been completed. Also, winners list will be published in the Winnipeg Free Press on Tuesday September 15, 2020 and in case of a sell out before midnight Thursday July 30, 2020 a complete list of all main prize winners will be published in the Winnipeg Free Press on Tuesday August 18, 2020. Upon request to the Foundation office a listing of winners will be provided.
How long do I have to claim my prize?
- Winners will have 14 days from the date of notification to make their prize selection, unless otherwise stated in the Raffle Rules.
- Prizes must be claimed within 3 months.
- All unclaimed prizes become property of the Foundations after a period of three months.
- Lottery Customer Relations will follow-up with one phone call or email after the initial prize notification letter has been sent out to try and contact those who have not claimed their prizes within the 3 months.
- Winning ticket holders can request to donate their prize to the Foundation in exchange for a tax receipt equal to advertised retail value of the prize.
What happens if I can’t pick up my prize in person?
- Cash prizes will be mailed in cheque format. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the mailing address on their ticket is correct.
- If requested, prizes will be mailed out to out of town residents.
- If someone other than the winner is claiming a non-cash prize on the winner’s behalf, the winner must provide written and signed authorization along with the original prize-winning letter and a copy of his/her picture identification.
- Further details on how to claim your prizes will be included in the notification letter winners receive.
Do I have to pay tax on my prize winnings?
Lottery winnings are considered a windfall and not taxable in Canada.
Who is not allowed to buy a ticket?
Members of the Board of Directors and employees of the St-Boniface Hospital Foundation, Health Sciences Centre Foundation and Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, Inc., and members of licensed gaming suppliers providing services to this program are prohibited from purchasing tickets in the 2020 Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery.
What is done with the 2020 Tri-Hospital Dream Lottery net proceeds?
Net proceeds from the lottery will be shared by the three Hospital Foundations.
- All personal information collected during the course of running this lottery is governed by the privacy policies of the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation, Health Sciences Centre Foundation, Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba and the Province of Manitoba.
- We do not rent, sell or trade their mailing lists to anyone.
If I am on your mailing list what can I expect to receive?
Mailings would include the following:
- Invitations to special events & lectures
- Information on future lotteries
If I wish to be taken off your mailing list who do I contact?
Simply contact email@example.com or call 1-844-654-4677 and request to be taken off the mailing list.